Real Estate Litigation
THINGS YOU SHOULD DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT:
- Insist that a report be filed with the Police, Sheriff or Highway Patrol
- Obtain the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver=s license number of all persons involved in the accident.
- Obtain the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident (even if you think the police have already done this).
- If possible when at the scene of the accident, photograph the accident scene, vehicles involved (before repairs) and all injuries (cell phone cameras are particularly handy for this). If you were unable to take the photos at the accident scene, take these pictures later.
- Sign nothing and do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company without first consulting an attorney. Even truthful statements made in an attempt to be helpful can easily be misinterpreted and turned against you later.
- Seek medical attention and tell your physician or surgeon exactly how the injury occurred and describe all symptoms and complaints.
- Be sure to report memory problems, confusion or disorientation, however minor these things may seem at the time.